I’m trying to avoid the temptation to sprint ahead to the next shiny object (in this case, Buffs/debuffs and Skills), and to keep the existing systems as close to ship-ready as possible. With that in mind, what little time I had today to work on this went to bugfixing. In particular:
- When a bunch of attacks happen quickly, the floating combat text overlapped pretty badly. I’ve reduced it by enforcing a minimum distance between messages. It’s not perfect, but good enough for “v1”.
- Determined that I was duplicating Cell contents on load; fixed that.
- Selected Monsters in the ContextualActionBar are rendered to face the same way that they do in the map.
- The KilledActor event wasn’t firing; I moved into TakeDamage and out of Action_MeleeAttack so that any damage that resulted in a kill would fire the event.
- Few more tweaks to the turn management and sequencing. When there are aggro’ed monsters around, the player shouldn’t be able to Explore (although they can still tap-to-move and attack). There was a bug where the player wasn’t moving in this situation, but the turn still ‘counted’ so the monsters around it got a chance. Fixed that so that tapping Explore is a no-op in this situation
- Last time I added a tweak so that when there are multiple monsters around, tapping ‘explore’ would iterate between them. The thinking was that this would allow the user to easily select a different mob without having to pin-point select them in the tilegrid. Unfortunately, I was running through that toggle even when attacking. fixed that…
Updated source: http://wanderlinggames.com/files/dungeon/dungeon-4-3-11.zip
Updated executable: http://wanderlinggames.com/files/dungeon/dungeonexe-4-3-11.zip